Right Side is a community based, democratic, human rights defender NGO, founded in January 2016. It is the first NGO, run by and for trans people in Armenia.
“Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO General Assembly is the main decision-making body and the political meeting of more than 200 trans community members and has the following authorities:
- Including new members and suspending memberships
- Electing Board, Financial Control Committee and the President
- Defining the organization’s strategic directions
- Approving of annual financial and narrative reports etc.
Our Board is composed of seven trans activists, trans sex workers and queer activists who govern the organization.
The President based on the statutes manages the organization’s projects and the secretariat.
Financial Control Committee is composed of three members that supervise the NGO’s annual financial budgets, cash flow, bank accounts, financial transactions, contracts and registered material values.
Our Secretariat is currently composed of 7 people representing LGBTQ community, including sex workers.
“Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO is expected to prepare a three year strategic plan 2018-2020 which sets the long term direction to achieve its goals.
The development of the strategic plan is funded by ECOM in the frameworks of the project “Improving access of trans community to healthcare and legal services in Armenia”.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a three year Strategic Plan to sets the long-term direction for the organization.
2.Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review the vision and mission and core values;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- Undertake a situation analysis of the NGO operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Develop a Results Framework for the plan period;
- Facilitate a Strategic planning workshop, which will be held in December 2017.
- Draft and finalize the Strategic plan and submit to the “Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO
- A three-year strategic plan
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshop
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 21-days from December 2017- January 2017
6. Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will report directly to the president of the “Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO. “Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment. “Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy
Academic degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, management, public policy, political science, sociology, development studies or in other related area.
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management;
- Prior working experience on transgender issues, human rights, gender equality, STI/HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive
- health and rights is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in working with (non)government local/international partners and other stakeholders in public sector
- Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High level written and oral communications skills in Armenian and English;
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work.
8.Conflict of interest and conduct
If a conflict of interest arises, the parties shall inform each other as soon as practicable.
candidate is representing also another organization that is about to or is already in a contractual engagement with possible conflict of interest, such engagement should be made known to the Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO.
Conflicts of interest will be resolved through discussions by the Right Side’’ human rights defender NGO and the applicant, collectively.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proposal for implementing the assignment in one page
- A budget with a description of the expected daily rate for consultation
Please quote “SP Consultant” on the subject line.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com to reach us not later than Friday, 8 December 2017 at 23:59 Yerevan time.