JOB ANNOUNCEMENT/ SOCIAL WORKER
The Right Side Human Rights Defender NGO announces a competition for the vacant position of Social worker.
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 12:30-18:30
Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal (probation period: 1 month)
Place of work: Yerevan (center), Republic of Armenia
- Providing social counseling to LGBTIQ persons and their parents,
- Create a base of beneficiaries, maintain constant contact between the organization and community representatives,
- Conduct home visits to assess the social and economic situation of LGBTIQ persons, observe intra-family relations, and carry out a needs assessment,
- Organize meetings with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Armenia based on the needs of LGBTIQ people,
- Prepare monthly and annual reports,
- Participate in weekly work meetings, seminars,
- Preparation and provision of necessary information materials for beneficiaries,
- Conducting social research, needs assessment, case studies,
- Participation in the development of social programs, taking into account the needs and characteristics of vulnerable groups,
- To participate in the identification and analysis of problems of strategic and organizational importance of the organization, in the work of providing their solutions,
- To carry out other assignments given by the president of the organization.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS
- Higher education preferably with a Social Worker qualification,
- Theoretical knowledge of social work with the ability to apply it in practice,
- Ability to identify problems, solve them, and make effective decisions in difficult situations,
- Excellent communication skills and working with LGBTIQ people in difficult situations,
- A high level of proficiency in communication and accepted and applied office etiquette,
- Knowledge of MC Office,
- Ability to complete assigned tasks/goals properly and within set deadlines.
Persons meeting the above requirements can send their CV and motivation letter in Armenian or English to email@example.com to the address by November 30, with “Social Worker” in the subject line.
November 10, 2023 Armenia, Yerevan