RIGHT SIDE HRD NGO LEGAL SUMMARY
Lilit Martirosyan v. the Republic of Armenia, recognition of violations of Articles 3,6,8,13 of the Convention.
- A. v. “Iskander” LLC on the requirements of recognizing the employment relationship and confiscating the salary amount.
Criminal cases at the judicial stage
- T. was beaten, he was caused material and moral damage, a criminal case was initiated under Articles 118 and 185 of the RA Criminal Code, G.T. was recognized as a victim. The case is under trial.
- was charged under Article 178 of the RA Criminal Code. The case is at the trial stage.
- T. was charged with committing a crime under Article 243․1, Part 2 of the RA Criminal Code; that is, driving while intoxicated by a person who does not have the right to drive a vehicle. The court of Kotayk region imposed a sentence of 6 months, but did not apply the sentence conditionally. The prosecutor filed an appeal. A court session is scheduled for 25.04.2022.
Criminal cases at the preliminary investigation stage
- Sex worker A. was recognized as a victim in the criminal case initiated under Article 261 of the RA Criminal Code.
- Within the framework of the criminal case initiated under Article 261 of the RA Criminal Code, new cases of crime took place, and as a result of the complaints submitted by the lawyer, two criminal cases were initiated under Articles 340 and 110 of the RA Criminal Code. The E. Kh. was recognized as a victim.
- Article 258 of the RA Criminal Code, M. K. was involved as an accused.
- Article 118 of the RA Criminal Code, D. was recognized as a victim.
- Article 262 of the RA Criminal Code, M. was charged.
- Part 2 of Article 178 of the RA Criminal Code, victim A.Q.
Criminal cases at the pre-trial stage
- Q. applied to the police to initiate a criminal case under Article 178 of the RA Criminal Code by the force of new circumstances. After a number of appeals, due to the efforts of the lawyer, the RA Criminal Court of Appeal upheld the lawyer’s complaint and sent the case for a new examination.
- Q. applied to the police against his former lawyer on suspicion of committing alleged fraud by him. The police and the court rejected the complaints and now the case is in the RA Criminal Court of Appeal.
- The case concerns the publication of personal medical data on Cuban citizens by Narek Malyan. That is, N. Malyan wrote on his Facebook page that Cuban citizens who had AIDS had arrived in Armenia and asked for a refugee status in Armenia. The “Right Side” HRD NGO submitted a report on the crime regarding the publication of personal data by Narek Malyan, but the police refused to initiate a criminal case, which was appealed to the court of first instance.
- A. v. Civil Status Acts Registration Agency of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia, corresponding administrative act, that is, to change the note on sex in Plaintiff K. A.’s birth number 870, to correct the female with a male note in the case of the demand to oblige the acceptance and cancel the defendant’s conclusion on 17.12.2018. The case is in the Court of Cassation.
April 12, 2022 Armenia, Yerevan